Curbside Services Available Mon-Sat.
East Haddam Library & Rathbun Library now offer curbside services Monday thru Saturday.
Currently, only staff are permitted in the library – but most library services are offered curbside including wi-fi, printing, faxing, and curbside pick-up for books, movies, and materials.
For same day pick-up or more information about our services, please call
EHFPL: 860-873-8248 or Rathbun: 860-873-8210.
- For next day pick-up, please use our online catalog. Please note, only items listed as “On Shelf” at EHFPL or Rathbun are available for next-day pick-up.
- Materials coming from out-of-town libraries may take a week or more to arrive. We will call or email you when your materials are ready.
- We’re happy to scan, fax, or print on your behalf. Please call the library for more information.
- Laptops will be made available for public use later this summer for 30-minute sessions by appointment only. We will announce more details once we have the proper health & safety protocols in place. Our target date for this service is August 1st.
- Give us a call before you head over, or call us from the parking lot and we’ll place your order on the pick-up table.
Note: only items on the shelf at EHFPL & Rathbun are available for pick-up
|Library Hours||EHFPL||Rathbun Library|
Wireless Printing: The libraries offer wireless printing for tablets and smartphones via an app. Download the app, print your files from the parking lot, and a staff member will place them on the pick-up table. For more info about the app, please call EHFPL or Rathbun Library.
Contactless Copying & Faxing: Call the library and place the documents you need copied/faxed on the pick-up table. A staff member will pick them up. copy/fax for you, and place the documents back on the pick-up table. You can also make arrangements to print files from email or USB Flash drive. Copies & print-outs are 10¢/page, faxes are $1/page
Laptops – COMING SOON: Laptops will be available for use on library property. We will announce more details once we have the proper health & safety protocols in place. Our target date for this service is August 1st.
Online Programs: For a complete list of online programs & summer reading events for adults, teens, and kids please visit the calendar on our homepage.
Online Library Card Registration: You can register online for a library card to order books/materials for pick-up, or to gain access to our collection of digital materials. Click here for more information.
Curbside Pick-Up: Visit our online catalog and select the books, movies, or materials you’d like to pick-up. The catalog has features for browsing and searching. If the materials you selected are on the shelf at EHFPL or Rathbun, they will be available in 24hrs, if they’re coming from another LION library it may take a week or more. You will receive an email or a phone call to let you know that your item is ready for pick-up. More details are listed below.
- For same-day pick-up please call the library during our operating hours to request your items: EHFPL – (860) 873-8248 | Rathbun – (860) 873-8210. You can see what’s available using our online catalog.
- For next-day pick-up please use the library’s online catalog. Holds are pulled every morning at 9:00am, any hold placed after 9:00am must be picked up the following day.
- Please call the library before heading over (or from the parking lot) and we will place your order on the pick-up table.
- If you cannot make the trip to the library because of health and safety limitations, please call us and we will deliver the items to you by the end of the week.
- Weather permitting, library materials labeled with patron names will be placed on a table outside the Library entrance. During inclement weather, please call the library for instructions.
- Please wait in your car until no one is near the table before retrieving your items.
- Please wear a mask when retrieving your materials, and refrain from touching anything other than your items.
- If you have health or mobility issues, we will place your requested items in your car. Please call the library to make arrangements before arriving.
- Deliveries between libraries are experiencing slowdowns due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you place a hold online for an item that is not on our shelves, you may not receive your item until later this Summer.
- Please return all library items to the library book drop before the printed due date.
- Library items returned in the book drop will be quarantined or cleaned prior to being checked-in. No fines are accruing on library materials at this time.
- Although we take many safety precautions when handling materials, we cannot guarantee that items are completely virus-free. Please use this service at your own risk.
- If you are presenting symptoms of COVID-19, please wait to return library items to the book drop until every member of your household has been symptom-free for a minimum of 72 hours.
Thank you all so much for your support. Stay safe, and please let us know if there’s any way we can be of service.
If you have any questions, please contact Library Director Michael Gilroy at MGilroy@easthaddamlibrarysystem.org