Curbside Pick-Up, Available Mon-Sat.
East Haddam Library & Rathbun Library now offer curbside pickup of library materials beginning, Monday thru Saturday.
Please return library materials by placing them in the book drop.
Currently, only staff is permitted in the library.
- For same day pick-up, please call –
EHFPL: 860-873-8248 or Rathbun: 860-873-8210.
- For next day pick-up, please use our online catalog.
- Give us a call before you head over, or call us from the parking lot and we’ll place your order to the pick-up table.
Note: only items on the shelf at EHFPL & Rathbun are available for pick-up
|Library Hours||EHFPL||Rathbun Library|
- For same-day pick-up please call the library during our operating hours to request your items: EHFPL – (860) 873-8248 | Rathbun – (860) 873-8210. You can see what’s available using our online catalog.
- For next-day pick-up please use the library’s online catalog. Holds are pulled every morning at 9:00am, any hold placed after 9:00am must be picked up the following day.
- Please call the library before heading over (or from the parking lot) and we will place your order on the pick-up table.
- If you cannot make the trip to the library because of health and safety limitations, please call us and we will deliver the items to you by the end of the week.
- Weather permitting, library materials labeled with patron names will be placed on a table outside the Library entrance. During inclement weather, please call the library for instructions.
- Please wait in your car until no one is near the table before retrieving your items.
- Please wear a mask when retrieving your materials, and refrain from touching anything other than your items.
- If you have health or mobility issues, we will place the item in your car. Please call the library to make arrangements before arriving.
- Delivery between LION libraries is not currently operating, the only items available through this service are items that are on the shelf at EHFPL & Rathbun.
- If you place a hold online for an item that is not on our shelves, you will not receive your item until later this Summer.
- Please return all library items to the library book drop before the printed due date.
- Library items returned in the book drop will be quarantined or cleaned prior to being checked-in. No fines are accruing on library materials at this time.
- Although we take many safety precautions when handling materials, we cannot guarantee that items are completely virus-free. Please use this service at your own risk.
- If you are presenting symptoms of COVID-19, please wait to return library items to the book drop until every member of your household has been symptom-free for a minimum of 72 hours.