Libraries Open! Curbside Services Remain Available Mon-Sat.
The Libraries are now open to the public. See below for our new hours.
Curbside service remains available, and is still the safest way to use the libraries. For more information on curbside services, see below or call us:
EHFPL: 860-873-8248 or Rathbun: 860-873-8210.
|Library Hours||EHFPL||Rathbun Library|
- If you plan to visit the library, please limit your visit to 30-minutes or less.
- Masks are required, as is adherence to CT State social distance guidelines.
- Please return all materials to the book drop outside. Returns will not be accepted inside the library. All returned materials are quarantined before they are checked-in and shelved.
- Restrooms are recommended for “emergencies” only.
- The libraries are currently unavailable for any meetings, study groups, or organized gatherings.
- Programs & Events will remain online until further notice, take-home craft kits may also be available.
- Whenever possible, we recommend reserving your items in advance. For next day pick-up, please use our online catalog. For same day pick-up, please call the library. Please note, only items listed as “On Shelf” at EHFPL or Rathbun are available for same or next-day pick-up.
- Inter-library Loans have been affected by the pandemic. Materials coming from out-of-town libraries may take a week or more to arrive. We will call or email you when your materials are ready.
- Our computers, printers, fax machines, and copiers are available inside. If you need assistance or other special arrangements, please let us know.
- For curbside (or inside express) pick-up, please give us a call before you head over and we will have your items ready for you.
- Available Services
Copying, Printing, & Faxing: Are available inside the building. We can also make curbside arrangements upon request. Copies & print-outs are 10¢/page, faxes are $1/page
Computers: Computers are available inside the building for 30-minute sessions. First come, first serve. Computers are disinfected regularly, but please wipe down the mouse & keyboard before and after use.
Wireless Printing: The libraries offer wireless printing for tablets and smartphones via an app. Download the app, print your files from the parking lot, and a staff member will place them on the pick-up table. For more info about the app, please call EHFPL or Rathbun Library.
Online Programs: For a complete list of online programs for adults, teens, and kids please visit the calendar on our homepage.
Online Library Card Registration: You can register online for a library card to order books/materials for pick-up, or to gain access to our collection of digital materials. If you register online, please stop by the library at your earliest convenience to receive an official card. Click here for more information.
Curbside Pick-Up: Visit our online catalog and select the books, movies, or materials you’d like to pick-up. The catalog has features for browsing and searching. If the materials you selected are on the shelf at EHFPL or Rathbun, they will be available in 24hrs, if they’re coming from another LION library it may take a week or more. You will receive an email or a phone call to let you know that your item is ready for pick-up. More details are listed below.
- For same-day pick-up please call the library during our operating hours to request your items: EHFPL – (860) 873-8248 | Rathbun – (860) 873-8210. You can see what’s available using our online catalog.
- For next-day pick-up please use the library’s online catalog. Holds are pulled every morning at 9:00am, any hold placed after 9:00am must be picked up the following day.
- Please call the library before heading over (or from the parking lot) and we will place your order on the pick-up table.
- If you cannot make the trip to the library because of health and safety limitations, please call us and we will deliver the items to you by the end of the week.
- Please wear a mask when retrieving your materials, and refrain from touching anything other than your items.
- If you have health or mobility issues, we will place your requested items in your car. Please call the library to make arrangements before arriving.
- Deliveries between LION libraries are experiencing slowdowns due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. If you place a hold online for an item that is not on our shelves, there is no guaranteed delivery time – it may take a few weeks or more.
- Please return all library items to the library book drop before the printed due date.
- Library items returned in the book drop will be quarantined or cleaned prior to being checked-in. No fines are accruing on library materials at this time.
- Although we take many safety precautions when handling materials, we cannot guarantee that items are completely virus-free. Please use this service at your own risk.
- If you are presenting symptoms of COVID-19, please wait to return library items to the book drop until every member of your household has been symptom-free for a minimum of 72 hours.
Thank you all so much for your support. Stay safe, and please let us know if there’s any way we can be of service.
If you have any questions, please contact Library Director Michael Gilroy at MGilroy@easthaddamlibrarysystem.org
Note: This post was originally posted on September 21st (the date changes to keep it on the top of the newsfeed).