How To Download an eBook
Click on the link to Download audiobooks and ebooks.
You are now in the LION digital catalog. Search by title or genre. You may search by titles currently available or place holds on unavailable items. Click on selected book. Click on borrow. Submit library and library card number. Select format for your e-reader. Download item.
Overdrive for eBooks and Audio Books:
- You will need your library card (number) and an active Amazon account.
- Go to EHLS web site and click on DOWNLOAD eBooks Audio Books (sidebar).
- Choose from menu at top – or – click on “Account” (person icon at top) to select a library. You can also choose this option from the “sign-in” pop-up.
- Select a library from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your card number and sign in.
- Select an eBook from the samples displayed, or narrow the search to specific categories. If the book’s icon is black, then it is ready to borrow. If it is gray, it can be placed on “hold.” You can decide when you want it to be downloaded. Before checking it out, you can see a sample. Then:
- Go to BOOKSHELF and DOWNLOAD. Select format: Kindle Book, EPUB Book or Read On Your Browser. Selection will expire in 14 days – or it can be returned at any time.
- For a Kindle selection, you need your library card (scan or number) and an Amazon account. From Amazon, click on “Get Library Book.” You will be taken to the Amazon page where you can also return a selection at any time.
- From Overdrive menu choose audio books (patron needs library card – scan or number)
- Sort by relevancy from drop-down menu. If earphone icon is black, it is ready to download. If it is gray, it can be placed on hold. Enter email address and “Place On Hold.” Check box to automatically borrow when available or choose from Options (Remove Hold, etc.).